17 Jan Clairfield International ranked at the top of 2017 league tables
Clairfield International is pleased to announce that Clairfield has once again been ranked at the top of the league tables for financial advisors by Thomson Reuters. Clairfield International stands out among boutique investment banking firms in achieving high ranks alongside bulge-bracket banks, placed 17th in the small-cap segment worldwide and 12th in Europe by number of deals. Clairfield International was ranked 4th in the Nordic region and 10th in France. Clairfield also achieved top placements in both small and mid-cap league tables in virtually every region where we have a presence: Australia, Latin America, the UK, Germany, Italy, Benelux, Spain, and Eastern Europe.
Transactions closed this year highlight Clairfield’s sector expertise and variety of clients:
- ADB Safegate’s sale to The Carlyle Group in the airfield safety space. This large transaction was the fourth time Clairfield advised the company, serving as a trusted advisor to ADB and participating in its growth from a EUR 180 million Siemens’ subsidiary, to a global company with double the revenues today.
- The South African Bidcorp’s acquisition of the German Pier 7 Import Foods, also representing a repeat advisory assignment for this top multinational client in foodservice.
- In cleantech, Veronagest disposed of seven wind parks to private equity F2i. Through this acquisition, F2i continues to grow in the renewal energy sector, with the objective of fostering the development of large specialized operators able to harness significant operational and financial efficiency. The deal, valued at EUR 480 million, was one of the largest in European cleantech this year.
- Clairfield provided financial assistance and a fairness opinion for Terrafame Group related to a new EUR 175 million financing package from Terrafame’s owners, Trafigura, Galena and Sampo, that reduced the Finnish government’s ownership share. The complicated transaction involved investors, corporates, and public entities and was the second time Clairfield advised Terrafame Group, a state-owned company.
- Clairfield advised Polish Enterprise Fund VI (PEF VI), a private equity fund managed by Enterprise Investors, on its sale of Netrisk.hu, Hungary’s top online insurance broker, to MCI.EuroVentures of MCI Capital Group, a private equity firm listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
“Our repeated top rankings show that our sector expertise, local presence and professionalism is a winning combination,” says Alexander Klemm, chairman of Clairfield International. “However the real proof is in the positive outcomes we achieve for all our clients, from the largest multinational to a small family business. We are pleased that this year shows the success of several of our repeat clients.”