Established in 1906, Stuart Turner is a market leader in water-boosting solutions offering an extensive range of pressurization and hot water generation products across domestic, commercial and industrial sectors. The transaction will see LDC exit their investment in Stuart Turner following a successful four year partnership where they made three complementary bolt-on acquisitions in GAH Heating, Fluid Water Solutions and Mikrofill Systems.
The secondary buyout with funding from Epiris will support the next stage of Stuart Turner’s growth as it looks to further broaden its product and service offering and international presence.
Trusted advisor for over 10 years
Clairfield UK has worked with the management team at Stuart Turner for over 10 years, supporting them on several strategic acquisitions as part of their buy and build strategy.
Clairfield also advised Stuart Turner on its sale in 2017 to Lloyds Development Capital (LDC), the UK private equity arm of Lloyds Bank.
In this transaction, the Clairfield team provided the following essential services:
- Assisted the management team with the preparation of financial information for the sales process.
- Provided ongoing advice to the management team throughout the due diligence process.
- Attended meetings with the buyer’s advisors to discuss and resolve key issues;
- Assisted with negotiation of the transaction structure and key terms for the management team (drafting of management team term sheet).
- Helped to negotiate the key commercial aspects of the legal documents.
“Orbis (Clairfield UK) continues to support Stuart Turner with our strategy to become a full water-boosting solutions provider, not only in the UK, but expanding into international markets too. Orbis has supported the Stuart Turner management team on all our strategic acquisitions, including over the past four year partnership with LDC. They have provided practical and pragmatic advice to the management team as part of the secondary buyout with Epiris, providing valuable input on the key commercial aspects of the deal. We look forward to working with Orbis and Epiris on further strategic acquisitions.”
– Richard Harden, CEO of Stuart Turner