13 Mar 2018
Future French Champions invested in Alstef and BA Robotic Systems Group, which merged to form B2A Technology, focusing on turnkey automated solutions for the intralogistics, airport, and robotics markets.
Future French Champions, a partnership between French sovereign wealth fund CDC International Capital and Qatar Investment Authority, will hold 32% of the new Group’s share capital alongside the two companies’ CEOs, key managers, and employees. Future French Champions aim is to accompany the two companies in this new phase of their development by supporting the new Group’s expansion efforts, whether organically or through targeted acquisitions, in particular outside France.
Both Alstef and BA Robotic Systems Group have experienced several years of very high growth in the automated handling and robotics market segments. United and leveraging on their industrial and technological complementarities, they will become a world reference in their markets. The new Group will generate a combined revenue of EUR 100 million and employ more than 500 people, forming an engineering player in both automated handling systems & robotics, two areas of French excellence. The technologies designed and implemented by both companies stand at the highest level worldwide.
Advisors to the acquirors:
- Financial advisor: Clairfield International (Emmanuel Xerri, Alexandre Forget)
- Legal advisor: De Pardieu Brocas Maffei – Corporate (Cédric Chanas, Marion Lavigne-Delville, Jeanne Rochmann)
- Due diligence: EY – Finance (François Poncet) – Legal & Fiscal (Anne-Laure Drouet) – Social (Anne-Elisabeth Combes) – ESG (Kathryn Harrison)
- Strategic due diligence: Advancy (Patrick Pudduy, Luc Régnard)
Advisors to the sellers:
- Financial advisor: CM-CIC Conseil (César Darcy, Cédric Vojetta, Adrien Baumlin)
- Legal advisor: Fidal (Pierre le Monnier de Gouville, Julien Bertrand)
- Financial vendor due diligence: Oderis Consulting (Aurélien Vion, Nicolas Boucher)