Clairfield International expands in CEE with the Czech Republic and Slovakia
Clairfield International is pleased to announce that Patria Corporate Finance has joined Clairfield as its exclusive partner firm for the Czech Republic and Slovakia. Patria Corporate Finance has a significant M&A track record and is the top ranked investment bank in these two countries.
Patria Corporate Finance has long been a key player in the Czech and Slovak markets. The firm was established in 1994 as the first domestic advisory firm specializing in mergers & acquisitions. Since then, Patria’s corporate finance team has executed over 460 transactions worth EUR 9.7 billion in aggregate value. The team is led by directors Marek Rehberger, Petr Dědeček, and Milan Bílek.
Recent transactions closed by Patria include:
- The sale of Slovintegra, a large Slovak gas power plant, to French transnational company
- The sale of Úněšovský statek, a significant player in Czech agribusiness, to Consillium, the family office of Mr. Tomáš Němec.
- The sale of a large portfolio of photovoltaic power plants (25MWp) to an Austrian investor.
- Refinancing of the private company Leo Express, a public train transport operator in the Czech Republic and Slovakia.
- The sale of Příbramská teplárenská, the Příbram city heating plant to strategic investorEnergoFuture.
- The sale of Tommi and ASAN, distributors of pet products, to the Russian company AMMA.
Patria Corporate Finance is a member of the CSOB Group, one of the largest financial groups in the Czech Republic, belonging to the Belgian KBC Group.
“Joining Clairfield will enable us guide our clients through their acquisition plans abroad and identify a larger number of foreign potential investors for our sell-side mandates” says Marek Rehberger, chairman of the board at Patria. “We look forward to cooperating with all the members of the Clairfield partnership. We are proud of being a member of the partnership that has a direct approach to more than 22 countries worldwide.”
“The CEE region is of growing importance for our repeat corporate clients,” says Albert Schander, partner at Clairfield’s Frankfurt office and member of the board of Clairfield International, who led the expansion process. “Clairfield is ranked in the top ten of the Refinitiv and mergermarket league tables in CEE, and with Patria our reach and market share will increase further. Patria’s team of corporate finance specialists provides advisory services at the highest quality level and has gained the trust of hundreds of clients over a quarter-century of activity.”